Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nursing According to Stella

Stella is very inquisitive about the new baby. I know she is excited because she is expecting as well. Her baby happens to be named Julia too. She is always asking why my belly is soooo big. "Mom, you ate too much food." The other day she asked how and what the baby eats so I explained it to her. But according to Stella nursing is like hitting the circle K; lots of selections. In addition to milk apparently I can provide apple juice, and chocolate milk. Today we had lunch with a friend and they have a 5 month old baby. Stella spent most of lunch holding her bottle, replacing her pacifier and poking her in the eye. Tonight she kept making her baby doll fly off the bed and I said, you know Stella you can't do that with baby Julia. She said, " I know mom, I can just hold her, but when I'm bigger." So I've drawn the conclusion that with a little supervision, a parachute and some protective eyewear, we are pretty much good to go. This baby will get plenty of love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT. Especially the protective eyewear part...what is it about eyes that kids love to poke?:)

I'm so excited for you! Sounds like Stella will be loving be the "bigger" sister!